For professional results when painting a metal door, it is important to use quality and long-lasting paints. Fine Paints of Europe is your reliable provider of quality paint products including Paints, Primers, and Varnishes. Our paints are suitable for both residential and commercial use. These paints are formulated using the finest and best quality ingredients to the high standards. No wonder, painting professionals across the nation have chosen our products as the preferred option for all their painting jobs.
What Kind Of Paints Can Be Used For Metal Doors?
Oil-based paints and water-based acrylic paints are the most suitable types of paints that can be used for painting a metal door. Although, acrylic paints work best on metal doors.
Do You Need To Prime A Metal Door Before Painting?
Applying a primer on your metal door before painting is necessary. This will help you achieve a smooth and even paint job. However, before applying the primer and the paint on your metal door, sand the door lightly using sandpaper. This will enable the primer and the paint will stick to the door better. Apply the primer and allow it to dry before applying the paint.
Do You Need To Sand A Metal Door Before Painting?
Painting using DIY techniques is usually a messy job. However, if you want the new paint to adhere to the metal successfully, it is important that you sand the metal door. Sanding helps remove the rust and old paints. Thus, making the metal door surface smoother.
Why Should You Paint a Metal door?
Metal doors provide great benefits in durability, weather resistance, and security. However, to ensure that the door surface remains appealing and rust-free, painting the door is required. Some of the benefits of painting metal door include:
- Enhance the appearance of the door.
- Remove or prevent rust.
- Increase the durability and longevity of the door.
- Protect the door surface against extreme weather conditions.
- Cover scratches.
How Do You Paint A Metal Door?
Painting or repainting your metal door will enhance the appearance of the door. It also helps protect the surface and prevent rust. Here are the steps to take when painting your metal door.
- Wipe the door surface with a degreasing cleaner
- Unless you want to paint the entire surface, cover areas you don’t want to paint using old newspapers or cardboard.
- Repair any dents on the door’s surface.
- Sand the door with 400-grit sandpaper.
- Wipe the surface using a damp cloth.
- Prime the door using an oil-based primer.
- Apply the paint using a paint spray or roller.
- Leave it to dry.
- Apply a second coat of paint to enhance the overall appearance of the metal door.
- Let the paint dry completely.
Improve Your Metal Door’s Surface with our Quality Paints!
Contact us today for the best and finest quality paints for painting a metal door. Whether you are changing the color or your metal door, covering rusted areas, or giving the doors a new life, our water- and oil-based paints at Fine Paints of Europe are the most suitable for the task.
View Larger Map